What is the point of cranberry sauce? It's a sauce, but what for? Correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't put it on anything, you just eat it plain. So shouldn't it be called Cranberry stew, or cranberry salad, or cranberry mishmash, or cranberry concoction. My point is it isn't really a sauce. But it is delicious- if it is made properly. I have nightmares about the canned cranberry sauce. You cannot just get out a can of congealed redish jello and call it cranberry...............( fill in the blank) Because Cranberry............ is so much more than that. It is this delicious combination of cranberry and orange. It smells beautiful, It looks beautiful, It is beautiful. It is a little tangy but mostly sweet and it is simply delicious. Luckily I have been spared the terror of dealing with the terrible congealed monster, because my grandmother has always graced us with her delicious Cranberry............ recipe. And this year I made it and it was delicious. But the name did not do the morsel justice. Because for some reason I suddenly love cranberry sauce. Scratch that. For some reason I suddenly love that cranberry sauce.
Also, if you love my nightmare I am so sorry, but I am convinced that you will change your mind once your taste buds develop to their full capacity. Also if you made it to the end of this random rant. Congratulations!
My mom makes it homemade and it's delicious. We always top some on our turkey like a sauce... Canned crans are lame and gross.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I should try it on turkey, everyone at my house never eats it on anything. they just eat it by itself.
ReplyDeleteI guess I am not in your house anymore so I don't count, because I prefer it on turkey than plain. And I believe the version we make would be called cranberry relish. Also, I made it the day before thanksgiving this year, and forgot to put it out during the feast itself. Whoops.
ReplyDeleteI miss you.